Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) Certification
NRP certification is obtained by completing the Instructor-Led Event. iSaveLives provides the Part II Instructor-Led Event for the 8th Edition NRP curriculum. The Instructor-Led Event is an in-person skills check that includes scenario demonstrations, performance skills checks, integrated skills station, and resuscitation simulations. The NRP 8th Edition provides two course options:
Essential Provider Curriculum
- The NRP Essentials course covers lessons 1-4 in the textbook and is appropriate for anyone who is involved in the care of a newborn. NRP Essentials includes skills though face-mask ventilation and laryngeal mask insertion.
Advanced Provider Curriculum
- The NRP Advanced course covers lessons 1-11 in the textbook and requires completion of a 35 question exam (unlimited attempts). The Advanced course is appropriate for those who attend births and are responsible for anticipated resuscitation of a term and preterm newborns with known risk factors, and for those who participate in neonatal resuscitation beyond positive-pressure ventilation.
Please note that each organization will determine its own policy for who should attain NRP Essentials or NRP Advanced provider status.
Click here for additional information, useful links, and frequently asked questions regarding the NRP transition from 7th edition to 8th edition.
NRP Process - Part I On-line Activities
1. Determine your appropriate curriculum: (1) the Essentials Provider Curriculum or (2) the Advanced Provider Curriculum. iSaveLives recommends you confirm with your organization which course is appropriate for you.
2. Login or register to the NRP 8th Ed Learning Platform
3. Enroll in either the Essentials Provider Curriculum or the Advanced Provider Curriculum. The fee for either curriculum is $35 and payment is submitted directly to the NRP Learning Platform.
4. Complete all Part I activities (Online Learning Assessment, Advanced Exam (if applicable), and the Course Survey).
5. Print your Part I Completion Certificate.
NRP Process - Part II Instructor-Led Event
After all Part I activities are have been successfully completed, you may register for an Instructor-Led Event skills check to complete the curriculum. This is done by simply registering on our website using the links below.
You will receive your NRP certification immediately following completion of the Part II Instructor-Led Event skill check.
NRP Advanced Instructor-Led Event Skills Check
Frisco location only
Class Cost: $170 per person, payable at the time of registration.
NRP Essentials Instructor-Led Event Skills Check
Frisco location only
Class Cost: $120 per person, payable at the time of registration.
Optional: Add on BLS Certification
If you need to renew your BLS Certification at the same time as your NRP course, you may do so after the course for an additional charge. You will be required to pass the written exam and complete the skills check-off. Cost is $35.